Jesus said, “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; I needed clothes and you clothed me; I was sick and you looked after me; I was in prison and you came to visit me… I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me” – Matthew 25:35-40 NIV
- Our mission is to present Christ to a needy world by providing a ministry of compassion and service to persons in Salem, NH and surrounding communities.
What is the Care Ministry?
- The RCC Care Ministry is a ministry presenting Jesus Christ to individuals and families in Salem and surrounding communities by providing food, clothing, household items, support groups and other life necessities in a compassionate and caring fashion. The Care Ministry is staffed by volunteers who have a passion to improve the living conditions of people in need. The ministry works in partnership with churches, civic groups, and other organizations to provide hope and help for those in need.
Areas of Ministry
- Family Promise of Greater Rockingham County: RCC partners with many other area churches to help FPGRC provide temporary housing for homeless families with children. Check out the FPGRC page for more information and ways to serve.
- Helping Hands Food Pantry: A New Hampshire Food Bank approved pantry, that offers balanced meal items to those in need. We hand out food on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month. Be sure to check our calendar for exact dates, as they can change on rare occasions. “… if anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has not pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth.” (1 John 3:17-18 NIV)
- Lazarus House: Every year, the day before Thanksgiving, several RCC families head to Lawrence, MA, to aid in distributing boxes of food to those in need.
- SonShine Soup Kitchen: RCC has partnered with other area churches, businesses, and families to provide meals to individuals and households in the greater Derry, NH area. SonShine Soup Kitchen is located as the First Baptist Church in Derry.
- Support Group: To provide a gathering place for those seeking help or friendshipTo reach those in need of friendship, service, help, support, and love. To provide practical, essential, and real help today that will inspire hearts to five in-kind tomorrow. “… through love you should serve one another.” (Galatians 5:13 NIV)
- Community Outreach: Meals are prepared and served, donations, and support to Lazarus House, Adorn Salem Project, Warmth Drive, Salem Haven, Safe Place, Fina House, and the Day Break Shelter.
If you are someone with a heart to give and to serve others, will you consider joining us in reaching out to those who are in need? Whether you can provide a kind word, give of your time, or if you are financially able to bless others, please help us in our mission. Also, if you know of someone who could use our help, please contact us. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.